Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Day 28

I feel so fed up. A short walk left my legs tired and weak. I have to keep changing the dressings due to continued slight bleeding and infection on the surface. I would never have believed that after a month things would not have healed over. I don't actually have a right nipple any more. It has shrunk to almost nothing and the area is concave and sunken. I will not be getting it fixed though, no more operations for me. I don't care how bad it looks, it's staying like that. I feel like there are balloons tied to me, that's how swollen everything is, and how much fluid is being retained in the area. I suppose it could still be bleeding inside, and it takes time for this fluid to go away. It is painful and depressing. Not being able to do a little bit of casual work is hard on my brain too, I feel like life has no purp0se. Goodness knows when I will feel like working again. I'm sure it will be many weeks. I can't do any housework other than washing the dishes, I can't bend over to pick things up, I can't carry things or hang out washing. I have the loungeroom couch made up as a 'day sick bed' and I go and lie down there and watch TV when I get exhausted. I bet this operation has given me such a shock I won't have as long a life as I might have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment