Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Hot flushes and sleeping on my back

I am so fed up. I've been sleeping on my back for 5 weeks. I did try lying on my side, but the horrible swollen lumpy things under my arms and towards my back get in the way. If I lie on them, it's like a nerve in your tooth getting cold water on it, only in the lumpy bits. 

I wake up at some stage every night - several times. Either from a hot flush, or from a sore back caused by sleeping on it. I have to get up, take 2 Panadol and stay up until my back stops hurting.

Everything feels awful, unnatural and full of nerves that hurt and jump if touched. I can't imagine it all feeling normal again.

The G.P. debrided the last of the dead black skin. It was good to get rid of it. He said it was very 'adherent' and probably would not have fallen off of its own accord for weeks. He also pulled out a piece of  'fishing line' that was not going to dissolve.

I got very tired by about 1.30pm again but I didn't lie down. 

No comments:

Post a Comment